Attorney McEntee is available to assist you with all of your estate planning needs. Whether your estate is large or small, Attorney McEntee is able to offer you guidance on how to plan for the future and ensure that your wishes are complied with. Every circumstance is unique. After reviewing all of your financial documents and examining the facts of your particular situation, Attorney McEntee will explain to you your options so that you are able to make an informed and knowledgeable choice. You may wish to draft a will, a trust, health care directives, a living will, or a durable power of attorney. You may wish to chose one of those options or all of them.  Attorney McEntee will work with you to ensure that your particular goals and objectives are accomplished.

Protected Persons And Their Properties

In Connecticut, a person appointed conservator by the Probate Court has the power to oversee the financial and/or personal affairs of an adult person who is determined by the Probate Court to be incapable of managing his or her affairs, or unable to care for himself or herself. A conservator can be appointed voluntarily if a person requests it, or involuntarily if certain requirements are met.

There are two basic types of conservatorships. A conservator of the person can be appointed to oversee the personal affairs of an individual found unable to do so by the Probate Court. A conservator of the estate can be appointed to oversee the financial affairs of an individual found incapable of doing do so by the Probate Court, to the extent that the property will be wasted unless adequate property management is provided.  A conservator can be given the power to obtain, administer, manage, protect, and dispose of real and personal property and tangible property, business property, benefits and income, and otherwise deal with their financial affairs. If you are considering seeking conservatorship for a member of your family Attorney McEntee can help you determine how to accomplish your objective. Attorney McEntee can be reached at (203) 982-8396. Please call for a free consultation.


If a loved one has mental retardation it may be necessary to apply for guardianship. In Connecticut, the Probate Court may assign certain duties and powers to the limited or plenary guardian of persons with mental retardation. A limited guardian may be assigned the power to meet the essential requirements of the person’s physical or mental health and safety, protect the person’s rights, help the person obtain necessary services, and help fulfill the person’s civic duties. There are additional requirement and restrictions on the power of the guardian that may be applicable in some situations. The guardian’s powers and duties are limited to those powers and duties prescribed to them by the court. If you are considering seeking guardianship for a member of your family Attorney McEntee can help you determine how best to pursue such an outcome. Attorney McEntee can be reached at        (203) 982-8396. Please call for a free consultation.